PHHS continues our goal to improve the hospitality industry through technology. And with today’s challenges—including the need for increased sanitation efforts during the pandemic, the need to entice guests back after a year at home, and the ongoing struggle to find enough staff—advanced technology solutions, such as hospitality robots, offer the solution many hotels need.
One such solution we’ve found is the Richie Room Service Delivery Robot. This sleek, advanced and autonomous robot provides safe, contactless delivery to hotel rooms, delighting guests and reducing staff needs.
Features of the Richie robot
- Autonomously delivers food and makes calls for a contact-free approach
- Operates elevators by itself
- Stores items in its enclosed compartment for safety and sanitization
- Upwards of 8 hr battery life to complete entire shifts -then it charges itself
- Can travel over any type of floor surface
- Continuously scans to avoid obstacles and map efficient routes
How does the Richie room service delivery robot work?
The process of calling for and using the Richie robot is simple.
- Guests scan a QR code on their phone and submit an order
- Robot collects orders from a container or from the kitchen (called in by the chef)
- Robot carries items to the guest room, using elevators if necessary
- Robot alerts guests by phone, and the guest picks up the item
- Robot returns to base, charging itself if needed
Why would my hotel want a room service delivery robot?
While a robot may seem like a thing of the future, these robots are most definitely at work today —able to improve efficiency of your hotel operations as soon as they arrive. The Richie room service robot wows guests, often increasing room service requests (and thus, revenue) as guests want to experience the service. The robot also relieves the staffing need to make deliveries all over the hotel at all times of day and night. And importantly, the Richie provides a contactless service solution, which many guests prefer.
Ready to learn more about the Richie Room Service Robot, or other hospitality robotics solutions?